Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Soooo I haven't exactly been making good on my promise to post more often, school has been completely hectic the last few weeks! I did get a chance to go back to Toronto for Thanksgiving which was really nice, I'll have photos from that as soon as I can get myself over to the store to get them developed. The weekend was so beautiful and surprisingly warm, so I was busily running around the city to take advantage of the amazing weather.

I've been thinking that since my whole life revolves around school right now, I should start posting some of my design work that I make in class. For my last intermedia assignment, we were given the task of creating a typeface. Being creative with our materials was highly encouraged, so I decided to use 35mm film to create my alphabet. My idea of collage quickly evolved into 3D letters and I used a light box to capture the traces of the photographs on the strips of negative. Anyway here is my completed typeface:

You can view the full version on my flickr account if you are interested! Anyway that took up wayyy too many hours of my life these past few weeks so I just wanted to share. 

1 comment: